• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Windsor Barbel Catchers?

Very amusing thread.

Hi Stephen, just to clarify that you're not being ignored but it's unlikely you'll here from Mr Law for probably.... the next 10years or so due to the iminent arrival of little Laws :D.

D.

Oh dear Stephen....seems the old adage that there is one Law for them and another Law for us is no longer true. The good news is that there are more Laws on the way, so all is not lost :D

Cheers, Dave.

Seriously though chaps how does one become a member of the WBC?!

I only got to know the guys through Paul Garner, and was lucky enough to get invited along to a few trips.

Duncan: Hello mate, how's the Thames been fishing this year!

7 liked minded individuals meet in a pub, circa 2002, after a chance meeting on the Kennet of Neil Harding Deans and I. Soon after 4 of them start to fish together and a name comes about. Through BFW, fish-ins are arranged and a few pub meetings. One particular evening in 2005, the core of what is now the WBC come together and friendships are formed. The website is soon set up and a brand to follow. We are not a political beast nor a commercial one, thus there is no 'membership' as there's nothing to join. We've shared some fantastic moments and, sadly, some very tragic ones....That I believe has made us the strong entity we are today. Some top draw specimen anglers who, in the main do their stuff on the QT.

Neil Harding Deans & John Pain aka 'The 'Jackpiker'.....gone, but very much still with us...

Ian

PS Pete, lovely to hear from you buddy...Hope you are really well.

Last edited:
well little things amuse small minds, ?????? this sight is for true anglers and working men,

7 liked minded individuals meet in a pub, circa 2002, after a chance meeting on the Kennet of Neil Harding Deans and I. Soon after 4 of them start to fish together and a name comes about. Through BFW, fish-ins are arranged and a few pub meetings. One particular evening in 2005, the core of what is now the WBC come together and friendships are formed. The website is soon set up and a brand to follow. We are not a political beast nor a commercial one, thus there is no 'membership' as there's nothing to join. We've shared some fantastic moments and, sadly, some very tragic ones....That I believe has made us the strong entity we are today. Some top draw specimen anglers who, in the main do their stuff on the QT.

Neil Harding Deans & John Pain aka 'The 'Jackpiker'.....gone, but very much still with us...

Ian

PS Pete, lovely to hear from you buddy...Hope you are really well.

Thanks for that Lawman, never did ask you guys how you got started just enjoyed every trip I've been on with you guys.

Yes I'm well and getting out on the rivers a lot more than I used to, my kids are old enough to left so I get a few evenings out.

Hope to see you and the lads some time.

Back