• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Storm

Walked the dog down the bank tonight, huge tree fallen straight through a peg I often fish. Had I or anyone else been sat there it would of been game over.

did 3 hours yesterday after work on the Trent , wind pretty bad to start with but going downstream , was roving for chub so minimum gear spotting bites was near impossible missed one definite one then felt a spot of rain and the sky went black the wind starting increasing and swung straight into my face at this point the writing was on the wall and I gathered my stuff and set off for the van which was about 100 yards away , was drenched when I reached it and the rain was horizontal !!!!!!!!!! oh well am out again friday either small local pond after roach or perch or a small river that looked ok today

Is anyone fishing in this dreadful weather?

If you are I take my hat off to you. Oh dear it has just blown away.........

:D

Hugo

We are going to have another storm and yet more rain, cats and dogs here!

If you are planning to fish, please go with a friend and take extra care!

Regards,

Hugo

Back