• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Storm

Ian Hugo Arnott

Is anyone fishing in this dreadful weather?

If you are I take my hat off to you. Oh dear it has just blown away.........

:D

Hugo

Lol I fished last Wednesday night and was fine once I'd battened down the hatches and caught a few too.

I would'nt have be out in this even in the days when my enthusiasm knew no bounds !
Packed up for Xmas at lunchtime and have just spent the best part of an hour driving 4 miles because of fallen trees and flooded roads,..fingers crossed that we don't lose the power!
I'm still tempted to get on the river tommorrow though,.. if I can find it that is.:)

I have just spent 7 hours fishing The Kennet today, water temp 45f. Its not nice out there. The the cover of my Umbrella blew off leaving just the metal spikes. Spent the last 2 hours fishing under the road bridge in the dry.

Ray Thorpe

Come on guys, man up. I'm going out now. Wearing these:

:eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 298
I've just got in from a day on the Avon , battered or what, plenty of colour but not a cat in hells chance of keeping dry ! Wouldnt know if i had a bite! Got a bit too hairy for my liking with branches coming down nearby so commonsense kicked in and i bolted with my soggy tsil between my even soggier legs!!!

Yep, just back in from doing a bit of perch fishing................... weather is foul!

Off tomorrow, i'll be at the lake at first light :) Lowest pressure of the year, got to get old esox moving surely!

PS Not a thread about the song by World of Twist then?...i'll get my coat!

Ray, that must be at least 2 brollies this year. We had a brief chat at Padworth towards the end of last season on the day that a brolly had let go on you. At least Santa knows what's on your wish list. Top man for giving it a go today.

Hi Peter, Yes I remember that day meeting you. Got a new brolly today Wavelock lite seemed ok when i used it this morning. River well up and rising water temp 48f. The Barbel are on the Munch. Did mention to the wife about going Christmas day as conditions look perfect. She said if you go I wont be here when you get back, so that was a result LOL.

Happy Christmas to you all. Regards Ray Thorpe

Last edited:
Hi Peter, Yes I remember that day meeting you. Got a new brolly today Wavelock lite seemed ok when i used it this morning. River well up and rising water temp 48f. The Barbel are on the Munch. Did mention to the wife about going Christmas day as conditions look perfect. She said if you go I wont be here when you get back, so that was a result LOL.

Happy Christmas to you all. Regards Ray Thorpe

:)

Hugo

Back