• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

"The Barbus" Centerpin.

R

Rich Frampton

Over a year ago I sat drinking coffee with Gary at Mill Tackle talking about a reel I wanted him to think about building.
Well today I picked up the first of the Barbus centerpins.I'll try to get some better photos tomorrow in day light but he asked me to do or say what I wanted.So...what we have is a 4.25" true pin with adjustable ratchet and switch on the back.16 poles and lightened back to the spool in the same fashion as a Barbelcatcher.There is an isotope in the reel foot and it has rose wood handles.
There are going to be 10 made per year(maximum)so they are going to be very sort after.The pins can have various options for handles,a line guard and a choice of three colours.Gun metal,black or polished.
Cost will be £360 without a line guard and £380 with.They will also come in a reel bag.
I'm looking forward to it warming up so that I can give it a go!

Barbus006.jpg

Barbus007.jpg

Before anyone asks I am putting this up on here just to let people know that they exist....

Rich.:)

It looks a nice bit of kit, a smaller version of the Barbel Catcher reel.

I can vouch for Garys workmanship as I have a couple of Garys reels already.

I wonder if I I could make some room in my tackle bag without the Mrs finding out. lol. :):)

Steve.

sure steve its only like the misses saying this old outfitt its been in the wordrobe for ages:D
i pin is easier to hide, whens the last time my wife took notice of my tackle:D

It is indeed a very nice reel, looking very similar to a 'Barbelcatcher'.
Messed up only by the daft recess for the isotope on the reel's foot.
Is it for when it's to be hung from the christmas tree?

Damian

What happens if you dropped the reel in the dead of night as you were using your trusty old rod with sliding reel fittings and they had come adrift. How could you possibly find the reel in the reeds without the isotope?

Silly but harmless I reckon ;)

I haven't seen an isotope reccess on a pin before, Im not sure its neccesary but who am I to judge ? It may just turn out to be a usefull idea for fishing at night.

Steve.

Back