• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The answer to all your prayers.

Reminds me of those "How to pull birds" adverts...

...just spray on this pheromone releasing after shave that women find irresistible....blah, blah, blah.

There must be some sort of formula for these things:
False hope + mug punter = get rich quick.

Love the bit where......

"Well I've developed a rig and technique to combat such conditions; the first time I used it, I extracted a 12lber and an 8lber. Not bad when I am told by the bailiff no-one can catch!!"

Must've been painful. :)

Well i ordered one and he promised me theres a DVD following shortly....:rolleyes:

A few years ago I remember Des ''diary of a countryman '' Taylor expounding the delights of a new wonder bait additive, can't remember it's name . It came in little phials and stank to high heaven . If my memory serves me well there was more than one ' recipe ' for different species . I admit I bought some ,if you got it on your clothes any friends you had would soon disappear . Did it work ? It did seem to attract bream was all I can remember . Anyway back to the new wonder E book ,I can reveal the secret is Garlic Spam , the wonder rig is stop faffing about with all the ironmongery and things to make your rig stiff or limp , just tie a nice sharp hook on and thread up a lead and find the fish so don't wast your £99 :). For revealing this secret that has taken me over 40 years to develop just send me a cheque for £50 sheets and everyone will be happy....

Last edited:
I see they have even included a chapter to help us all "stop wasting time and money on various marketing gimmicks". I wonder if it includes a paragraph or two on avoiding books that promise the earth and deliver nothing...:)

I wish him the best of luck, who knows if he sells one book he might be able to afford an unhooking mat and a decent size landing net if his picture on the advert is anything to go by. :p:p:p

A few years ago I remember Des ''diary of a countryman '' Taylor expounding the delights of a new wonder bait additive, can't remember it's name .

Would that happen to be Des "Diary Of A Country Man" Taylor, former owner of a (SBS) bait company, and with a huge vested interest in promoting "miracle" wonder baits, by any chance? :)

Just had a look at the blokes feedback on Ebay he lives in Harrold Bedfordshire. And on the 30th September 2012 paid John Baker £77 for a John Baker Bait making kit. Maybe its the John Baker bait he has found and is his secret. If there hungry 2 Elips is as good as anything IMO.

Regards Ray Thorpe

must be worth it I guess as he has caught several double figure barbel. I mean... that must be at least one or two per year.

Haha outwit barbel he says. The easiest fish in the river to catch. This is ebay at its maddest.

Back