• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Angling Trust.

People who fish who don't join more than likely benefit somewhere along the line I would of thought so well done those who do join including me and think its works out something like 55p a week :)

Maybe if anglers didn't join they would stop taking cash from a polluter?

Their answer to that was that there was nobody else, that should never have been a reason to accept cash from them and shows where their loyalties lie.

I think their logic behind that rather bizarre transaction was that they didn't get enough funds from membership fees to do all they wanted to, so grab money where you can.

Whether that is the best way to increase membership or not is questionable. Unless they can explain the logic behind it in a way that satisfies all those who are disturbed by that action....then I would suggest not.

Time will tell.

Cheers, Dave.

How dare you have the temerity to tell me what I should do with my money, you pay all you want but I refuse to support an organisation the has in the past and continues to take money from one of the biggest polluters in the country, their reason? because there was nobody else! not a reason in my book at all.

I refuse to give any money to an organisation that charged new members full price while at the same time trying to retrieve lapsed members by charging a lot less for them to rejoin, not something they publicised or admitted until challenged, maybe they should have been asking themselves why these anglers are ex members?

Most of us pay, we are anglers who feel that by and large the AT do represent Angling interests, for some reason you do not There are always a few that are carried by the many.

Most of us pay, we are anglers who feel that by and large the AT do represent Angling interests, for some reason you do not There are always a few that are carried by the many.

As usual your argument is totally upside down, I think you will find that the vast majority of anglers are NOT members of the trust and far from being carried by those few members the majority are tarred with the same brush as everyone else when it comes to the trust taking money from dubious sources.

I could say that those that choose to ignore the fact that the trust take money from a polluter don't care about pollution but that would be as silly as saying that the many are members and carrying the few wouldn't it?

Perhaps you would care to give your views on the trust taking cash from a polluter for a number of years because "there is nobody else"?

I was just talking the p**s Graham as people seem to be breaking it down into smaller and smaller quantities for some reason!
0.003 pence an hour, bargain.

Yeah i was looking for that myself yesterday......Come back edit:)

The trust have been taking sponsorship money from Thames Water for a number of years it goes towards their riverfest matches, their reason for taking it was there is nobody else, sooner none than that lot.

And Thames Water have been taking money from me for a number of years :p

Does that mean I shouldn't pay my water bills because I go fishing :D

I do a lot of match fishing myself even though I don't enter any matches the Trust are involved with and it don't worry me that they contribute towards the river fest and anglers entering have to to be AT members and have to contribute as well, its not free to enter.

A lot of fishing clubs belong to the Trust I believe and a lot of good comes out of it and I'm sure I've belonged to clubs in the past who are AT members.

And Thames Water have been taking money from me for a number of years :p

Does that mean I shouldn't pay my water bills because I go fishing :D

I do a lot of match fishing myself even though I don't enter any matches the Trust are involved with and it don't worry me that they contribute towards the river fest and anglers entering have to to be AT members and have to contribute as well, its not free to enter.

A lot of fishing clubs belong to the Trust I believe and a lot of good comes out of it and I'm sure I've belonged to clubs in the past who are AT members.

If you are happy to keep paying money to the trust while they are at the same time receiving money from a polluter like thames water then carry on, its one reason why I wont join and as always in these things everyone has their own views, yours is that its ok to take cash from a polluter mine is that it is not.

Back