• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tench 2023

Just the one today , a 7lb warrior.
Carp crashing around spawning.

Tried Avon skin oil Dereck thanks but got bitten on the walk to the lake !
Plastered myself with citronella which did the trick.
Never had this problem before at this lake.

With rumours of a 6lb tinca gracing the bank i returned to our little club lake yesterday afternoon for a couple of hrs. I settled into a peg I fancied and set about tempering the resident tincas. The carp were shoaling up doing what fish do😉 so I did hold much hope. But perseverance payed off in the shape of a 5.2 tench😬 if your there you’ve got a chance I always say. I lost a carp that fast tracked the reeds to my right, it was a good fish to,
Possibly the rumoured 20 that came out in the week got some after work sessions planned this week couple of hours here and there so that 6 better watch out🤣

Attachments

• IMG_9677.jpeg
    IMG_9677.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 109
Since last checking in I’ve done last Friday to Sunday at Sywell and a half day session locally on Tuesday without a Tinca worrying my landing net. I’m going to wait for this weather to break, it’s not the waiting that does me in it’s waiting in the heat that does me.
Playing baits this week as too hot for me let alone the fish. Got two new liquid flavours yesterday so it been meat for marination and both feed and hook pellets to flavour. Ideal weather for that. Everything else done. Off on hols next wed so not much opportunity now til July.

Major spawning last weekend, fish showing in other areas, but no bites for anyone. A change in the weather coming Sunday to Wednesday, hopefully it might promote some feeding activity, just a matter of location!

I have been struggling this season on the place I’m on, I’ve gone full ticket to try and beat the tench lol. The guy i fish with though has had a good hit. But he has more time than me.

Two visits this week. Wednesday saw me go to a small park lake for a go with the float. Arrived at about 5:10am and set about raking the swim. Bait in water by 5:30 and at 5:50 the swim erupted with bubbles and a minute or so later the float lifted and sailed away. 5-01 female caught on cockle. That was the extent of my action despite a couple of line bites and several bursts of bubbles. My mate had two later in the morning fish of 2lb and just over 4lb. Thursday saw me back on my local pit but nothing to report other than getting very hot in the limited shade. When the weather breaks I’ll take a trip down to the Medway with a rod but ‘till then carry on Tenching until the heat sends me home.

Back