• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tench 2023

Bill Walford

Senior Member & Supporter
I do hope Andy doesn’t mind me taking liberties but please see below. Anyone interested? Regret I can’t be there as I have a wedding on the Saturday. If you are interested I have a two page flyer I can email you. It’s too large to attach here and I haven’t a clue how to reduce it. I’m not involved with the organising of it but the flyer tells all ! Just PM me your email address and I’ll ping it over.

Attachments

• 07CFEAFD-FA2A-417A-836C-71F89F574179.jpeg
    07CFEAFD-FA2A-417A-836C-71F89F574179.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 138
Interested, especially Linear is only 20mins drive from home...also I haven't caught a single tench since 2019...
Excellent Haanzhou all the info required in Simons link above but if you want the two page flyer sent to me please let me have your email address 👍

Interested, especially Linear is only 20mins drive from home...also I haven't caught a single tench since 2019...
It's a ten minute walk for me. If you go Huanzhou talk to Paul Cake who catches barbel from the Cassington Abingdon and Alliance stretch. I like his YouTube videos.

Excellent Haanzhou all the info required in Simons link above but if you want the two page flyer sent to me please let me have your email address 👍
Thanks Bill, I think the link Simon posted has all I need already, I will let you know if I have any questions.

It's a ten minute walk for me. If you go Huanzhou talk to Paul Cake who catches barbel from the Cassington Abingdon and Alliance stretch. I like his YouTube videos.
I watched his video as well. But never met him in person since I mainly fish littlemore ODAA stretch.

My first trip in the hope of a Tench today. Wasn’t really planned, I got a phone from my son on Wednesday night to say he’d got the day off today and wanted to chill for a few hours. He set his stall out for Carp me for Tench. We both blanked ! Apart from the wet start to the day it was quite pleasant shielded from the wind. Cork is probably out of the bottle and I’ll be back soon 👍

Fair play Bill, the river season isn't yet over and you've already started tenching - like a whippet out of the traps!

Been in Hampshire all week amd it's far from tench weather down here....brrrrr!

Fair play Bill, the river season isn't yet over and you've already started tenching - like a whippet out of the traps!

Been in Hampshire all week amd it's far from tench weather down here....brrrrr!
I’ve drawn a line under my river season I’m afraid Joe, I was hoping to finish on the Trent but due to the weather situation in the midlands I figure that melt water will kibosh my chances of a boris and the need to be close to home for personal reasons I’m staying on home turf. Weather locally set to improve next week and there have been a few Tench being caught by the carp boys I am told. I’m not driven by catching spawny fish at their top weights I just love catching Tench so I figured now is as good a time to chance my arm.

Trip #2 today and what a trip. Fished from 6:45am - 3:45pm and had fourteen Tench ranging from 3lb 7oz to 6lb 9oz! I didn’t feed heavy, I considered it too early to hit them big I just fed the maggots via the feeder. The maggots were in a small amount of groundbait rather than maize and each feeder full of maggot contained some groundbait, that was my attractor. I would have been happy with a couple but to catch fourteen this early in the spring leaves totally blown away. I christened my new rods good and proper, new to me, not brand new 🤣….back soon !

That’s some result Bill. More than I caught in the last year!! Leave some for us mere mortals😉. I’m sure you’ll reach the hundred with a few nines thrown in for good measure👍. I take it this wasn’t on your new ticket 😆🤫. I’d love to improve my woeful pb( 6.5) before I shuffle off.

That’s some result Bill. More than I caught in the last year!! Leave some for us mere mortals😉. I’m sure you’ll reach the hundred with a few nines thrown in for good measure👍. I take it this wasn’t on your new ticket 😆🤫. I’d love to improve my woeful pb( 6.5) before I shuffle off.
Keep banging away Kev, it’ll happen. No not on the new ticket, I’m not down there ‘till early April. Need to have a walk-a-bout first and try and suss it a little. That’ll slow my catch rate for sure but will put me in with a chance of a new PB 🤞

Back