• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Talk about peaking too early.

Excellent! VERY well done young Josh. Please put my name on the list for guiding lessons 😁👍👍👍👍

I took my five year old fish last summer for the first time, we had a cracking morning catching roach and small to hand Carp. The initial fear passed and she became curious and even caught one 90% of her own work. We did the usual, sweets and she sat in daddies special chair. As we drove home we talked about our good trip. I thought, brilliant I’ve got her.
When we arrived home my wife asked, “did you have fun?” My daughter replied nah it was boring. She’s refused to go again since. :D kids I tell you!

You always said you wanted a crack at the nene Bill. You should join me one day.
I’ll put you in one of my favorites if you fancy it at any point.
Thank you for your repeated offer Rich…I WILL be in touch, you can’t escape now 😁

It would absolutely be my pleasure to have you as a guest Bill.
Need to get you away from these big bags of barbel on the middle Trent for a day and onto something more challenging 😜
I’ll let you know when I get a really big bag ! 🤪

Fantastic catch young Josh, and well done Richard for guiding him. The boot may well be on the other foot soon enough :p

Back