• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Supposed Ray Walton claim??

Jeff Collins

No Longer a Member
Speaking recently with a fellow angler he reckoned that Meat roller aficionado Ray says that keeping a barbel out of water for more than 30 seconds will cause it brain damage! !

Wind up or random rant from Ray??

Fish scientists?

Methinks there must be a fair few " mentally challenged " fish around, judging by what one hears /sees of fish handling these days.

For myself, its a quick unhooking, check for anything that needs attention I.E other hooks lodged, lacerations that need a bit of attention, then a snap if possible /needed , and they are back. I look at it his way. I dont like being underwater, so why would a fish enjoy a prolonged stay on the bank ?

Dave

Speaking recently with a fellow angler he reckoned that Meat roller aficionado Ray says that keeping a barbel out of water for more than 30 seconds will cause it brain damage! !

Wind up or random rant from Ray??

Fish scientists?

Why don't you ask Ray himself, he is a member on BFW instead of regurgitating what someone apparently said by way of a thread?

Why don't you ask Ray himself, he is a member on BFW instead of regurgitating what someone apparently said by way of a thread?

Because this is a FORUM! A place where you can get a number of view's or facts instead of having ONE biased opinion! !!:rolleyes:

Interesting topic, one that came up in conversation the other day actually: a friend and I were talking about recaptures, especially that Nene fish that keeps coming out for a photograph, and it was said that fish get recaptured regularly due to some kind of brain damage as a result, thus there's bit of a snowball effect/vicious circle.

Does make you wonder why certain fish just keep getting caught while others don't.

I think I saw something of this on a FB thread in one of the barbel groups. Surely someone on here will know more.

Because this is a FORUM! A place where you can get a number of view's or facts instead of having ONE biased opinion! !!:rolleyes:

Yes it is a Forum, a place where you can say anything, claim anything without anything to back it up, you love it here don't you? :)

Im sure that Ray will come on and put us straight.

Yes it is a Forum, a place where you can say anything, claim anything without anything to back it up, you love it here don't you? :)

Yes it's a forum

No you can't say anything. ....there are rules about posting.

Claim anything?? Look I'm now getting a little concerned about your attraction to me......I'm flattered but I don't cast my meat in that kind of crease kid

Yes it's a forum

No you can't say anything. ....there are rules about posting.

Claim anything?? Look I'm now getting a little concerned about your attraction to me......I'm flattered but I don't cast my meat in that kind of crease kid

Yes there are rules, but you do seem to like to push them to the limits, witness this latest offering.

'Gay' taunts now, you really are a desperate type, why do you do it?

Could go either way, couldn't it - something that Ray said in jest, or a serious supposition/theory, one of them then taken out of context and presented as FACT.

We all know that our beloved barbs aren't the sharpest tools in the fish box, so it could well be that years of prolonged being-out-of-the-water has turned the one time Einsteins of the river (except we didn't realise it) into mentally challenged special cases...

Steve
"We all know that our beloved barbs aren't the sharpest tools in the fish box, so it could well be that years of prolonged being-out-of-the-water has turned the one time Einsteins of the river (except we didn't realise it) into mentally challenged special cases..."

If you meant that the way I read it after the previous posts.....it was very clever.

its because of comments like this one that ray dont post much on here now, us bfw guys lost a lot of info that continuously came from ray (thanks Ray)
too much backbiting where none was neccesary:(

Back