• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Superglue

Just found a stash of the last elips production run - as fresh as a daisies armpit (only joking) and must be around 7kg of small, medium and large!
Lucky me......

Just spent ages picking out the medium sized elipse out of one of the Hinders combo bags containing small,medium and large, to save for hook baits. How sad is that.:D

I use super glue with a brush applicator otherwise i will stick my fingers together.

Read on another thread of someone else that used the brush app, and then bought a pack of ten small cheap tubes from a Pound shop, that were then used to top-up the original, expensive (about £3) small bottle. So if you fancy messing about decanting super-glue, and save yourself about a quid per season, there's your answer;)
Personally i use the loctite power flex gel stuff, does the job and no mess or sticky/stuck fingers (too Much) so far.:)

Stephen

I worry about using super glue, the fact that it can weaken a hook length is a concern.
Mind you with my fumblings I cannot cope with opening a tin of meat, last night on the Severn I was shaking the meat out of the tin and it shot out bounced on the mat and trampolened into the river:rolleyes:

Gorilla glue is what I use , gel in a bottle for about a fiver and loads more than the bit you get in loctite tubes or bottles

I worry about using super glue, the fact that it can weaken a hook length is a concern.
Mind you with my fumblings I cannot cope with opening a tin of meat, last night on the Severn I was shaking the meat out of the tin and it shot out bounced on the mat and trampolened into the river:rolleyes:

***trampolined.:rolleyes:

I stopped using glue.small elastic band tied on the hair.i find this ideal
Albert

I know that you say you have stopped using glue, but your post reminded me of another post i had read about gluing pellets together before you go, and using a pellet band. Never got round to trying it yet.

Stephen

I remember the pre glued pellet post, and have given it a go.It's fine providing you remember to take that little band expander gadget. However the advantage of gluing to the hair is the ability to instantly vary the hair length by gluing further/nearer the hook. Whatever method folks are happy and confident using is the main thing.

Back