• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Superglue

David Potter

Been using this superglue pen for gluing baits on to hairs,works well £2.99 ebay

2lwlops.jpg

Works well on meat as well as pellets. I take a small file to put flats on the pellets to aid glueing, especially now with the demise of elyptical shaped pellets.

I don't understand why you need to use glue ? I drill my pellets, much quicker and easier, no mess and sticking fingers together, what am I missing ?

I don't understand drilling pellets I buy mine pre-drilled and use Fox pellet pegs.

I'm also prone to sticking my hands together.

I've stopped using supper glue, since I discovered Korum Quick Stops.

Just buy pre drilled in various sizes and add flavours etc as required in small batches. With a nylon of fluro hooklength, push the hair from the knotless knot through the quick stop and blob it with a lighter.

Superglue is so yesterday :)

I don't understand why you need to use glue ? I drill my pellets, much quicker and easier, no mess and sticking fingers together, what am I missing ?

When you drill pellets you remove the outer "seal" which then makes the pellets break down much faster. Pre-drilled pellets still have the outer "seal" , even through the "drilled" section.

When you drill pellets you remove the outer "seal" which then makes the pellets break down much faster. Pre-drilled pellets still have the outer "seal" , even through the "drilled" section.

Heaven preserve us! First we had trout pellets, then halibut pellets....and now it's seal pellets....................................:D

Cheers, Dave.

The grey ones are best.

I use gorilla superglue, quite expensive v loctite ect, but its the only glue I've found that doesn't dry out or block the nozzle before you've used it all.

15gm is about a 5er, but should last a couple of seasons.

Jon

Back