• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Super strong beaked point hook

Not the specimen range, they aren't very good IMO, weak wire and the guage is finer and the eyes are a bit off. I tested them a few years ago and didn't like them.

It's the new Barbel Specimen Hooks that are the same as the Talon Tips I'm told.

Thanks

Lewis
Lewis do you mean the Gardner Speci - beaked , or the Gardner specimen hook? the Specimen are a thicker gauge wire mate

Morning,

Another advocate of the Gardner Talon Tips and also the Gardner Target Barbel hooks.

Super sharp and reliable.

Thanks

LewisDo not ignore the pallatrax wide Gape gripz hooks, I've tried them & was very impressed with their performance,
I do love the Gardner hooks, they've been my favourite pattern for years.

However. I've tried these wide gape patterns, and was fishing a snaggy weir pool & was very impressed with the way they held, and very easy to remove.
I have struggled with extracting barbed hooks at times, & don't like keeping fish out of water for too long, so would usually go with barbless for ease, however these do hold firm, and are dead easy to remove....

Back