• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Super strong beaked point hook

I was using one of those when I had to hook and hold and here's the consequence. Hence my request 😃
The ones bottom left are what I’ve been using
4658B932-F445-4913-AB0A-9DEE1DA79014.png

Not a chance of bending the wide gape X, they’re super strong. I’ve used them for a few seasons now for both Barbel and Carp. :)
Not quite sure why you want them to bend, they certainly won't bend when attached to anything that swims in our rivers.? I'd rather the hook "straighten" when snagged, so I get all my tackle back, being an astute derbyshire man. 🤣😁

Korum Grapplers for me, come in barbed or barbless. I switched to these at the beginning of this season and I am really impressed with them. Strong and sharp and stay sharp forever. I fish barbless and can honestly say I’ve only had one hook pull all season up to now and I’ve had around 40 barbel as yet and quite a few chub.

IMG_4847.jpeg

Back