• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Strange catch....

The metal head of a pitchfork fairly hooked through the hole that you'd expect to put a nail or screw into to hold the head to the stale. Quite a good 'scrap'.......(sorry)

A complete undamaged clay pipe, and a horseshoe on the Teme that I gave a running commentary to a onlooker as a feisty barbel whilst 'playing it:eek:

While lure fishing one day I caught a wire trace complete with spinner attached - my hook point perfectly though the swivel on the wire trace.

I caught a full-size keepnet from the River Anker a couple of years ago. Sadly it had some holes in it or I'd have kept it.

Deano was fishing for baitfish a couple of weeks ago and had the biggest catch of the weekend .... me! He hooked me right in the little finger when casting :mad:. His concern for my welfare consisted of rolling around in floods of laughter.

Caught an Ouse Barbel hooked through the eye of the swivel it was dragging around! Also lost a Trent Barbel in the rocks, only to land it a few hours later and recover my hooklength!

I caught a shoe whilst trolling on Windermere, next run through a sock, was fully expecting to pull up a corpse at some point but never did!!

Many years ago I caught a pan landing net whilst ledgering on a lake in Essex.

I hooked a Samurai sword whilst fishing on the Tees for Pike, my hook was nicked into the cloth handle. Needless to say, it went straight back in!

Back