• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Strange catch....

Steve Sorrell

Had my strangest catch ever on the kennet this afternoon.
Rolling meat, felt a small plink on the finger...WHACK.
The result.....a complete rod, reel, line and end tackle. :eek:
Got me thinking.... what was your strangest catch...???

a piece of line with a hook and fish still attached.
but all sorts in the floods.

Adrian :D

On the Yorkshire Derwent in the last couple of years, a 2oz feeder on the with nothing else attached, a pike plug with lots of line and a sock, but not all at the same time.

I caught a rod & reel a week ago - a Woolworth's outfit if there ever was. A couple of years ago caught a marginally better setup - Greys Prodigy rod & shimano baitrunner - gave both to a grateful, previously rodless friend.

I fought what I thought was a blue shark once for about 20 minutes, whilst fishing for wrasse on the rocks near Aberdaeron on the Lleyn. It ran me a merry dance before snapping me off right at my feet. It was a large common seal, but hadn't been hooked - it still had half a pollack in it's mouth, which I assume was the cause of the bite in the first place.

cheers

Just remembered, I caught a nylon fishing brolly in perfect condition as a kid fishing for flounder in Princes Dock, Hull before they built a shopping centre on it.

Snapped up above a fixed waggler set up which carried a starlight whilst bream fishing. Watched over the next 2 hours as the shoal cruised around the gravel pit towing around the bright float before it eventually returning to my swim when the float I had attatched after losing the first dipped I caught the very bream I'd lost and got all my tackle back quite comical really. I also caught a dap whilst grayling fishing the other year.

many years ago whilst carping at mitcham common, had an amazing run , the line literally flew off the reel . As i had hooked a canadian goose which took to the air lol. weirdest fight ever , managed to land it and release it safely.

Not me , but a few years ago whilst we were pike fishing on the North Level Drain my mate Ron had a ruin on a sardine and landed a very large carrot - carrot

Snapped up above a fixed waggler set up which carried a starlight whilst bream fishing. Watched over the next 2 hours as the shoal cruised around the gravel pit towing around the bright float before it eventually returning to my swim when the float I had attatched after losing the first dipped I caught the very bream I'd lost and got all my tackle back quite comical really. I also caught a dap whilst grayling fishing the other year.

That is funny Clive:)

But will the non Wurzels know what a 'dap' is?:D

Back