• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Stranded Carpand Bream Upton Ham Meadows River Severn

David Tainton

Hi All,
Need a bit of help-have been out all afternoon netting carp and bream from the Ham meadows at Upton upon Severn-we have got 10 carp out to 35lbs and numerous Bream out and put them back in the river-there are still 20+ plus carp, and 100+ bream, we have tried to contact the EA, as water levels are good at the moment, but we need help-either contact Chris Ponsford/EA, some of the fish have stab marks, though do not at mo seem to be too stressed-the Bream are going through spawning motions. if you are ina position to help, ring my parents on 01684 592532-my mum can guide you to where the fish are, there are still more on nthe other side of the fence-we could not get to those.
Would have to say-Colin Harvey said the one carp was at least 35lb, and we got a Koi/ghost carp out which weighed 25lb-very impressive fish (will post some pics soon)

Thanks in advance

Dave
ps apologies not barbel related but thought the circumstances will allow it!

07500 663560

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 824
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 641
Ye I agree top bloke I hope it all worked out for him hopefully they will repay ya by takin ya bait in the future!

I seem to rememeber watching people fishing from a.boat on Worcester Cricket ground on ATV's fishing programme back in the day. Out of season as well. I think they claimed they were after the salmon..........

TOP MAN. my uncle recounted a story to me of driving down a lane in his transit during flooding on the thames looking out the window to see a 30+ mirror and a good common swimmingly along happily haha. good effort and good luck with the mission.

Just goes to show how dim carp and bream are, they forget which way back to the river. :D

And I remember my mate finding a 12lb Hants Avon barbel stranded in a puddle several years ago!

And I remember my mate finding a 12lb Hants Avon barbel stranded in a puddle several years ago!

My Dad and his mates found a 30lb+ Pike in a bunker on a golf coarse next to the Ure near Aldwark many years ago, alive and well and returned to the river. :)

Well done David - great efforts which deserve credit.

Fish Stranded

To be fair-my Old Man and Old Dear, plus their neighbours have done a lot more! They were out at 6.00am this mrning rescuing fish-the OM is 74 and recovering from radiotherapy, and the OD is 68, and the neighbours drew attention to the fish. All well that end well!

DT

remember when there was a big flood on the Derwent in Stamford Bridge a few years ago and the car park of the Swordsman pub was full of fish they were even in the litter bins

well dave, all credit to you for ure time, like mentioned above get on to ea, or angling trust, with all the big names ,surley they should get help , or in turn get the nearest angling clubs, ie baliffs to help out,

Back