• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spoppers in stock

They’ll do nicely.
D01A48E8-3565-45EA-8522-5D2D5EAF6BFB.jpeg
C759FCDB-C414-41E7-B2DB-E01E0C16580A.jpeg

Everyone that’s paid up including Eddies batch of spombs have been posted so thanks.
Can those that haven’t paid up yet, message me with address please and square up so that I can get them posted tomorrow. Saves me multiple trips to post office. If they don’t go tomorrow they’ll be offered to the next people on the list.

That’s not me being harsh, I’m just not doing daily post office trips if I can avoid It…..,
Thanks.

They look very impressive Richard. I'm suprised that the originators of the Spomb haven't brought out their own versions of the spopper as there's obviously a market for them. Fantastic job.

They look very impressive Richard. I'm suprised that the originators of the Spomb haven't brought out their own versions of the spopper as there's obviously a market for them. Fantastic job.
Thanks Nick.

Yeah I’m very surprised that they ain’t pouring out of China for £4 a piece posted.
If that happens I’ll pack up making them all together as it would just completely devalue them.
Once someone invests in injection moulding of the cases pre cut and drilled and starts mass producing that front end weight from something like stainless or brass very quickly and precise then that’s it…. Game over.

Thanks Nick.

Yeah I’m very surprised that they ain’t pouring out of China for £4 a piece posted.
If that happens I’ll pack up making them all together as it would just completely devalue them.
Once someone invests in injection moulding of the cases pre cut and drilled and starts mass producing that front end weight from something like stainless or brass very quickly and precise then that’s it…. Game over.
I converted a TFG airbomb a while back by removing the floatation gear from the front and filling it with roofers lead and plastercine. A bit Heath-Robinson but it worked ok for short distances. Cast out, wait until it hits the riverbed and pull back sharply to open. Never as good as a spopper though.

Glad everyone happy.

Don’t throw them away if you decide to cast it into a bridge and bend the pin or wreck the lead etc because everything I’ve put in to them is completely removable without any tools so replacement parts can be easily refitted.

Obviously if you wreck the spomb…… that’s a different story 😉

I now have 15 more black Spoppers in stock for anyone that wants one...

Hi All
I've used small / medium bait droppers before on small rivers, using my barbel rods (1.75/2.25 lbs) with mono mainline, however I am planning to fish some larger Weir pools / rivers next season. My question is if I use a medium spopper can I use my barbel rods with mono line or do I need a spod rod and braid mainline?
Regards Wayne

Hi all,

Just a note to say that I now have more BFW Spoppers in stock:

A bit more expensive than the Korum ones, but better quality ;)

Cheers,

Andy F

Back