• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spoppers in stock

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Any chance of doing a small size spopper on the next run Andy? I'm sure there will be a market! Cheers

I'll have a chat with @Eddie Bray chaps, though I think we're limited to what's available for conversion. The original mini Spombs are really expensive so once they've been converted are not really commercially viable. I've just contact Spomb again to enquire about a trade account...

Cheers,
Andy F

I'll have a chat with @Eddie Bray chaps, though I think we're limited to what's available for conversion. The original mini Spombs are really expensive so once they've been converted are not really commercially viable. I've just contact Spomb again to enquire about a trade account...

Cheers,
Andy F
Happy to pay a little extra to cover costs - your spoppers are quality - a mini would be perfect! Cheaper chinese import variant?

Happy to pay a little extra to cover costs - your spoppers are quality - a mini would be perfect! Cheaper chinese import variant?
It wouldn’t be a little Chris because the spombs alone are 12 quid each before Eddie has put his time into them and Andy has covered his own costs.
@Eddie Bray if you do decide to have a go at making the minis send me a pm and I’ll send you a couple of leads to form a mould with.
Hope it Saves you some time and messing about

It wouldn’t be a little Chris because the spombs alone are 12 quid each before Eddie has put his time into them and Andy has covered his own costs.
@Eddie Bray if you do decide to have a go at making the minis send me a pm and I’ll send you a couple of leads to form a mould with.
Hope it Saves you some time and messing about
. . .turn of phrase Rich! Being honest Spoppers are an expensive (but brilliant and therefore justified) purchase anyway . . .happy to pay the uplift (albeit a smaller physical item) based on the fact that everyones costs / margin needs to be covered!

The issue is that the Chinese copies are only available in medium and large. So to do the small it’s a genuine item. It’s worth it though because the genuine spomb converts much nicer
I won’t build on Chinese spombs anymore now because I was never happy with the product I was sending out.

Edit …. That’s my ocd by the way. There’s nothing wrong with the Chinese Spoppers they perform just great. I’m just a perfectionist and couldn’t build them to exceed my own personal standards

Hi All, cheapest I could find the minis were £12 plus the costs of converting them and making a small profit as well as Andy's charge made them about £25, I would also have to make a mould too (even with Rich's offer). Not a go'er at the moment.

Back