• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam......

I bought some of those Meat Mates but they kept coming off the hair so I just find a bit of tough grass stem on the bank, snip a bit off, pass it through the loop in the hair and tighten up.

I have tried a few different ones and found the Meat Stoppa from Nine Bream the best there is.

Garlic Spam,the 200 gram size,is back on special offer,£1.19,until 9th of April,in my local Tescos.Whether this is a nationwide deal I don't know,but worth a phonecall to your local store if you're a Garlic Spam fan.

Same deal up here in Bedfordshire. I noticed my local Tescos stacked them high and wide before the offer arrived. Their stocking computer must have got wind of my buying habits ;) Anyhow, I'm still well stocked and they are offering the 200g, not the 250g as before for more money so I'll stick for now.

Stephen

It is in our local Tesco too same size/price. I last stocked up when it was £1.00 for 250 gram tin so I will stick as well. The cheaper deal is bound to come again at some time.

Meat keep coming off?.Try a loop of pole elastic tied on a hair.Barrel shaped piece of meat sits well in the loop.Saw this in an old barbel fisher article by Steve Stayner i believe.

I have tried a few different ones and found the Meat Stoppa from Nine Bream the best there is.

Stephen

Thanks, looked at their website and there is some other interesting stuff. Like the idea of the Rockbands to use a stone as a weight. A collection of different sized stones would enable fine tuning of your rig and if there is a plentiful supply on your water then it saves carrying weights.

I am guessing if the weight gets snagged it will pull out of the band and with luck less tackle losses.

Don't know if there has been another batch released but just came across some in my local Tesco store, only the 200g tins but grabbed a few, I'll be back tomorrow without the wife this time ;)

Was in my local Sainsburys yesterday and the good news is they have Garlic spam back on the shelf :D

The bad news , Its only the small tins :mad:

If you only got normal spam get a jar of "very easy" garlic and put some in with your diced meat,works a treat,i also put some of the chillies in aswell and had a few............then again if they in feeding mood they will eat anything!

Back