• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam......

Haven't been forum active for a while so not sure if this has been discussed. Garlic Spam is back on supermarket shelves. Seen some on offer in Sainsburys, 2 tins for £2.50. Saves the mess of making your own.

Sam

SPAM

I like the look of the hot and spicy, they even do a paste.

I came across this on a recent trip to Abu Dhabi in the special 'pork section' of a supermarket. Naturally it would have been wrong not to buy a tin much to Mrs G's horror! Just waiting for the Severn to flood again but preferably about 9 feet not 15ft!

I came across this on a recent trip to Abu Dhabi in the special 'pork section' of a supermarket. Naturally it would have been wrong not to buy a tin much to Mrs G's horror! Just waiting for the Severn to flood again but preferably about 9 feet not 15ft!
your lucky customs didn't have it off you.

Small tins of Garlic Spam (200g) back in stock at our local Tesco (Heswall) yesterday; £1 each.

Amendment: Just asked Mrs. H-R to get me some more this afternoon, it has gone up to £1.67, how's that for inflation!

Last edited:
I've been watching the tins in the local Tesco every time I pass the isle. Haven't seen Garlic on discount since I last emptied the shelves.

However, I have noticed they are pilling them higher than ever ready for the next sale and my ensuing panic buy! :D

Stephen

strangely i`ve never done any good on spam and i`ve found baitech n-tice polony to be much better and it keeps it scent longer in the water, as long as you put a small bit of silicone tubeing on the hair it wont cheesewire.

strangely i`ve never done any good on spam and i`ve found baitech n-tice polony to be much better and it keeps it scent longer in the water, as long as you put a small bit of silicone tubeing on the hair it wont cheesewire.

I bought some of those Meat Mates but they kept coming off the hair so I just find a bit of tough grass stem on the bank, snip a bit off, pass it through the loop in the hair and tighten up.

Baits are sometimes what you have confidence in because you have caught before on that bait. I bet most of us start a session using the bait we caught our last fish on.

I use quite small pieces of spam probably no more than a 15mm cube max. but I am aware some people use massive chunks. Some of my spam I coat in curry powder. Why does the smell of that make you feel so hungry?

Garlic Spam,the 200 gram size,is back on special offer,£1.19,until 9th of April,in my local Tescos.Whether this is a nationwide deal I don't know,but worth a phonecall to your local store if you're a Garlic Spam fan.

Garlic Spam,the 200 gram size,is back on special offer,£1.19,until 9th of April,in my local Tescos.Whether this is a nationwide deal I don't know,but worth a phonecall to your local store if you're a Garlic Spam fan.

At first glance I thought that was expensive but in reality it's only £5.95 a kilo. Not bad compared to boilies.

Back