• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spam alert !

Went on another raid of my local Home Bargains yesterday. Pleased to report the shelf was full, so it would have been rude not to take just a few more tins.
Plenty left for my York angling friends.
Mike

Impossible to escape round here. I use pretty big chunks of meat to try and avoid hooking them but I normally have at least one a session

That looks promising Stuart , I will have to track some down ,problem is resisting scoffing the stuff on the bank .
I used to use Plumrose Garlic slicing sausage, sadly no longer available unless anyone knows different. One unusually mild winters day I got a bit peckish and ate quite a bit of it. After walking about 2 miles back to the car sweating in my neoprene chest waders they didn't half stink of garlic! They continued to stink of garlic for about 5 years, so beware.

Have just seen that Mainline baits are now selling flavoured luncheon meat, bit pricy at 3.99 a tin but the Activ8 may be worth a punt

Having struggled to find any more Hot and Spicy Spam in my neck of the woods I emailed SPAM UK. They sell it to Poundland, B & M and Home Bargains apparently. So those are the places to check if anyone is on the lookout!

I can confirm that chub absolutely love it though!

I can confirm the Hot & Spicy spam is very popular with staffie's. While fishing the Trent with my mate his furry friend pilfered a nearly full tin out of my bait box, that will have been fun in their bivvy later

Found some smokey bbq spam in b&m today, thought I'd try a tray, never heard of it before. Just opened it and it reeks! Might go and get another tray tomorrow.
We'll see if it catches.

Back