• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spam alert !

Still got loads as hardly been fishing. Might go have a look though as you can never have enough

Dead right, you can never have too much. In these very dry conditions instead of going fishing you can sit in the shed counting tins.

Loved that garlic spam. I’m probably down to my last 20 odd tins of hot and spicy and a few black pepper

Managed to get my disguise in order and sneaked into B&M Bargains this morning, twin packs of the smaller sized tins for £1.98, I bought one single tin the same size in Hay on Wye a couple of weeks ago for £2.65p . The Chub liked it .

Anyway, I have now managed to stock up a little. I dont use Spamalot Ha !!!! :p But when the fish are "on it " there is nothing better .

Plus its handy when I am hungry and have finished my sandwiches.

Dave

A lot cheaper than the person on eBay selling 2 years out of date Garlic Spam for £10 per can

The Holy Grail [ sic] of Spam is the limited addition' Stinky French ' Garlic Spam Monty Python limited edition [ I kid you not ]. Now that stuff is the dogs danglies , it reeks , the more out of date the better .

Ive got around 80 tins combined of garlic & black pepper spam with a rogue tin or 2 of bacon grill, but know 2 people who have probably double that!!

I might be one of those people. Need to do a stock check but probably around 100 tins. I will get twitchy when it drops below 100. Might need to go on a scavenge.

There is some on ebay Mike, but I think they want something like a tenner a tin.
You can get a similar effect by cutting the spam into bait sizes, putting in a plastic bag and crumbling in a bit of stilton. Leave in the freezer for at least a week, then room temperature for a day before fishing. Makes your hands stink when putting on hook, so might taint your sandwiches.
Mike

Hi Guys,
anyone who lives in the Christchurch area, don't bother to going into Home Bargains, all the hot and spicy Spam is no longer on the shelves, which reminds me, my throat is burning slightly after a couple of taste tests.
Just an amateur, I only have 25 tins.

Left as it is in salads, but fried for breakfast !
Sorry Sean.
I usually use it straight from the tin, but if there are loads of minnows they can whittle it down. So then lightly frying makes it more resistant.

Back