• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Something a little different. Seaside.

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
A day with the legend that is BFWs Andy Davies.

Attachments

• IMG-20210501-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20210501-WA0007.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG-20210501-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20210501-WA0003.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 247
Great stuff. Just waiting on a mate's new outboard and hope to be among the Bass myself soon.

That is a gilt head isn't it??

You’ve just reminded me of my wish to catch a mullet!
Been busy chasing Avon Brownies myself of late and it’s been brilliant fun. Nothing big but crackers every last one.

Black bream not gilt head 👍
Yeah think you're right. The pic looks like a gold band above the eyes across the head, typical of a gilt head but the rest of the markings suggest black.

Not something I'm really familiar with in my neck of the woods.

It was 4lb 1oz Joe.

My target was 4lb. Been 5 times last 3 years.

First trip lost good one

Second trip nothing

Third trip caught two best 3.7 if I remember correctly.

Fourth trip two lost

I was pretty determined as 3hr round trip each time. Got to thank Andrew Burt for his advice.

I'm chuffed for you, it was a great result taking the river conditions into consideration and how it has been fishing. Target now 5lb! :) I think you stand a great chance as conditions are set to improve :rolleyes:

It was 4lb 1oz Joe.

My target was 4lb. Been 5 times last 3 years.

First trip lost good one

Second trip nothing

Third trip caught two best 3.7 if I remember correctly.

Fourth trip two lost

I was pretty determined as 3hr round trip each time. Got to thank Andrew Burt for his advice.
Great stuff Graham.

Used to fish them (not very successfully) as a kid in harbours while on family holidays. Places like Falmouth and Pwllheli. They led me a right merry dance - never fully worked out if they were just spooky or merely just taking the piss. A thoroughly compelling species.

Great stuff Graham.

Used to fish them (not very successfully) as a kid in harbours while on family holidays. Places like Falmouth and Pwllheli. They led me a right merry dance - never fully worked out if they were just spooky or merely just taking the piss. A thoroughly compelling species.
Yes Joe.
I was amazed, after all I had read and surmised, and concluded in my mind, that the reality of tackle and tactics used as advised by Andy Burt were a million miles away.

And he is very successful at it.

Back