• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Something a little different. Seaside.

Graham Elliott

A day with the legend that is BFWs Andy Davies.

Attachments

• IMG-20210501-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20210501-WA0007.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG-20210501-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20210501-WA0003.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 116

Bob Watson

Great stuff. Just waiting on a mate's new outboard and hope to be among the Bass myself soon.

That is a gilt head isn't it??

Stephen Crowhurst

You’ve just reminded me of my wish to catch a mullet!
Been busy chasing Avon Brownies myself of late and it’s been brilliant fun. Nothing big but crackers every last one.

Andrew Burt

I'm chuffed for you, it was a great result taking the river conditions into consideration and how it has been fishing. Target now 5lb! :) I think you stand a great chance as conditions are set to improve :rolleyes:

Joe Winstanley

It was 4lb 1oz Joe.

My target was 4lb. Been 5 times last 3 years.

First trip lost good one

Second trip nothing

Third trip caught two best 3.7 if I remember correctly.

Fourth trip two lost

I was pretty determined as 3hr round trip each time. Got to thank Andrew Burt for his advice.
Great stuff Graham.

Used to fish them (not very successfully) as a kid in harbours while on family holidays. Places like Falmouth and Pwllheli. They led me a right merry dance - never fully worked out if they were just spooky or merely just taking the piss. A thoroughly compelling species.

Graham Elliott

Great stuff Graham.

Used to fish them (not very successfully) as a kid in harbours while on family holidays. Places like Falmouth and Pwllheli. They led me a right merry dance - never fully worked out if they were just spooky or merely just taking the piss. A thoroughly compelling species.
Yes Joe.
I was amazed, after all I had read and surmised, and concluded in my mind, that the reality of tackle and tactics used as advised by Andy Burt were a million miles away.

And he is very successful at it.