• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Small river barbel rod

From what I read very desirable and therefore correctly expensive. I have still a small wish list.But I am never never never ever buying any more rods. However, I still have a pulse.
Im glad you said that about having a pulse Alec, as i think the similar. I'm 65 and not too good health, therefore i tend to take the cost into consideration. That's how warped my brain has become in old age, but you've just given me hope.

I would say an 11ft rod of your choice.

My choice in order would be Harrison 4 piece avon 1.5lb tc, Harrison GTI, Free Spirit Barbel Seeker 1.75lb or Torrix 1.75lb or 2lb tc.
These choices reflect my prefence for a through action rod but each to their own.

I really can't agree that the Barbel Seeker is a 'soft rod' - yes it bends with a fish on but it has plenty of power .
Funnily enough, ive been thinking about a 1.5lb tc the last few days, with the thought of just enjoying the moment instead of bowing to what the books etc say. Especially as Nidd barbel are not that big.

Back