• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

rod tip lights?

Aldi sell them in March normally, (I paid under £3 I think for 50) they come with there own sleeves, what I did was whip a sleeve on the tip of the rod and just push a new light in every evening session.
However I use the Drennan now, and find them less intrusive, trouble is with the bright ones they tend to 'dance' around after a bit :eek:
As said Drennan expensive but last for years if you don't lose 'em.

Last edited:
Re the Enterprise night light holders . I use these on my carbon rods however I was wondering if anyone knew if the holders existed in a larger bore which would allow them to be fitted to a cane rod ? The standard Avon ones are too small

Just set fire to the end although I'm not sure how long it will remain bright or in fact intact!

Re the Enterprise night light holders . I use these on my carbon rods however I was wondering if anyone knew if the holders existed in a larger bore which would allow them to be fitted to a cane rod ? The standard Avon ones are too small
I take the rubber centres out from the Avons for my cane and hexagraph rods - not ideal but they do. I ought to try the bigger Drennans or I have done and they did not fit right.

I think the adapters supplied with the Drennan isotopes are better, a lot more choice in bore size and the line doesn't get wrapped around them quite as much as the enterprise ones. Which is weird as you'd think they would, what with them coming off at a right angle.

They look an excellent idea Chris, I've not see them before. I assume they are slightly flexible and just pop on and grip reasonably well? I guess you have to choose the sizes fairly accurately though, if you want them to stay near the tip ring?

Cheers, Dave.
you have to be a little gentle putting em on.:D

Back