• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

rod licence prices

John Young

just bought mine :( am i right in thinking it has just cost £47 :eek:

in 2011 it was £27

that is some cost of living rise!

i think i am mistaken and agree with Pete

bad post on my behalf

sorry

That link is a rip off site, not the genuine EA, this is the genuine site https://www.gov.uk/buy-a-uk-fishing-rod-licence

If it does not say gov uk somewhere in the URL, it is fake!!

You will still get a genuine licence as they will buy it for you from the post office website but you are charged a massive "service fee".

Apparently, the fact they include a link to thee genuine Post Office website makes it legal!!

Just a couple of Charleston's!!

Bought one two days ago, £27, delivered this morning.

I guess I have been stupid and used this fake site :(

will I get my Licence?

do I need to report it?

thanks guys

£18 for us olduns.:D

I get my licence by Direct Debit each year, but I turn 65 next month so want to know if I need to do anything before next year's renewal to make sure I only get charged the reduced fee, or will they automatically take the reduced amount?

These company's don't tend to be fake they simply re sell legitimate government issued documents, driving tests , licences are two examples. They take a profit over and above the direct sold document. It is not illegal. The site discussed here is as below, a UK registered company called Identity Project Limited.
Whois is a simple free online tool to check websites before parting with money.

Domain name:
enviroment-agency.org.uk

Registrant:
Identity Protect Limited

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 7407280)

Registrant's address:
PO Box 795
Godalming
Surrey
GU7 9GA
United Kingdom

Data validation:
Registrant contact details validated by Nominet on 07-May-2014

Registrar:
Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 23-May-2014
Expiry date: 23-May-2015
Last updated: 23-May-2014

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns.123-reg.co.uk
ns2.123-reg.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made at 07:49:21 30-May-2014

Last edited:
no i fell for it hook line and sinker :rolleyes:

just contacted my bank and they said its the first they have heard of them doing fishing licences but they do alot of this on passports and car licence applications

I have fell for there NEW web address :rolleyes:

Lets wait and see ........

email off them....

Dear sir,

Your application has been cancelled and payment has been rebated back to your card.

Please allow 2-28 working days for the money to appear back in your account

Kind regards

Megan

£18 for us olduns.:D

Steve,
I should imagine the safest plan would be to cancel your existing direct debit and set up a new one for next year at the reduced amount. I don't trust the EA direct debit scheme as a pals account got emptied by repeated applications of the debit against his account. It may have been an isolated occurrence, but I'm quite happy to stroll up the Post Office once a year.
Regards
Pete.

Back