• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River trent photos in flood

Best barbel bait

• Sweetcorn

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • maggot

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • caster

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • own bait

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • boilies

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • activ 8 dumbell

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • halibutt pellets

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • hinders elips

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • sonubaits hemp and garlic

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • other

Votes: 30 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why wasn't meat one of the options? The most versatile, readily available and easy to use bait of the lot, as well being arguably the most consistent.

Why wasn't meat one of the options? The most versatile, readily available and easy to use bait of the lot, as well being arguably the most consistent.

I wondered that too Alex, but I try not to encourage these wretched polls...and that's not racist, 'cos the spelling is different :D

Cheers, Dave.

dead sheep...:D
what hook...:eek:

I know this is meant as a joke but I caught my limit of trout from Dinas lake in about 15 minutes using a small white buzzer and casting as close to a dead sheep as I could get. The trout were obviously feeding off the maggots which were crawling all over the rotting corpse.

I know this is meant as a joke but I caught my limit of trout from Dinas lake in about 15 minutes using a small white buzzer and casting as close to a dead sheep as I could get. The trout were obviously feeding off the maggots which were crawling all over the rotting corpse.

Lost count of how many times I have heard of dead sheep, caught up in the trailing branches of a tree after a big river flood, acting as a giant feeder. It's won more than one match for whatever lucky soul drew the right swim on the day:D

Cheers, Dave.

Actually given the current state of the river, I would prefer to be stalking carp in the 1.5m deep fields beyond the flood bank!

Back