• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River trent photos in flood

Best barbel bait

• Sweetcorn

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • maggot

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • caster

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • own bait

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • boilies

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • activ 8 dumbell

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • halibutt pellets

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • hinders elips

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • sonubaits hemp and garlic

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • other

Votes: 30 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why wasn't meat one of the options? The most versatile, readily available and easy to use bait of the lot, as well being arguably the most consistent.

dead sheep...:D
what hook...:eek:
I know this is meant as a joke but I caught my limit of trout from Dinas lake in about 15 minutes using a small white buzzer and casting as close to a dead sheep as I could get. The trout were obviously feeding off the maggots which were crawling all over the rotting corpse.

I know this is meant as a joke but I caught my limit of trout from Dinas lake in about 15 minutes using a small white buzzer and casting as close to a dead sheep as I could get. The trout were obviously feeding off the maggots which were crawling all over the rotting corpse.
Lost count of how many times I have heard of dead sheep, caught up in the trailing branches of a tree after a big river flood, acting as a giant feeder. It's won more than one match for whatever lucky soul drew the right swim on the day:D

Cheers, Dave.

Actually given the current state of the river, I would prefer to be stalking carp in the 1.5m deep fields beyond the flood bank!