• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Records page updated

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
I've just updated the current river record list with two new records. One for the Derwent which has been broken for the first time in 10 years, and the other for the Worcs Stour.

Check out the latest barbel river records here:

https://barbel.co.uk/rivers/barbel-river-records/

Cheers,

Andy F

Thanks for that,very interesting.As bailiff on the River Idle I know that that Idle record is out of date,
But if people don’t report their catches there’s not a lot we can do about it.
There was a 15+ caught from the Cherwell a couple of years ago too, but must not have been claimed.

Thanks for that,very interesting.As bailiff on the River Idle I know that that Idle record is out of date,
But if people don’t report their catches there’s not a lot we can do about it.
It is not surprising that records are not claimed. I know that I have not done so myself. There are two reasons that i know of (1) anglers don't want their hard work finding the fish lost to what can be a circus. (2) Cost. talking to a current record holder he said that it had cost into three figures to get his record ratified

It is not surprising that records are not claimed. I know that I have not done so myself. There are two reasons that i know of (1) anglers don't want their hard work finding the fish lost to what can be a circus. (2) Cost. talking to a current record holder he said that it had cost into three figures to get his record ratified
That is sad, why does it cost so much, did he say ?

I've often wondered about what happened on the unnamed 'Sussex river' after it produced that record monster back in 2019. Did the circus and fish chasers descend upon it? Not a part of the world I'm remotely familiar with.

Back