• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River monsters 7.30 ITV tonight

Really excellent, made last nights look like a preview, just wait and watch the longer programme from now on i think, pretty good with a camera pointed at him that fella.

I missed the long version because...you guessed it...i went fishing and forgot to record the damn thing, is there anywhere online for ITV like 4OD where i can catch it? or on sky anytime?

i would imagine it will be on itv player, the short one from last night is on it to view, so i would expect tonights longer version will be by tomorrow, hopefully, as i missed it myself
cheers
jerry

I had recorded the short version (yes, I was out fishing) so happy to catch the longer one last night. A good programme, the only downside for me was the way he laboured the death of the fish, was that in the short one too?

Green - Whilst it is evident to everyone that he is a jumped up idiot who is rude to everyone he meets and disrespects local customs, the programme is watchable and indeed I find it entertaining. He catches some nice fish and goes to some amazing places. You just need to ignore Green himself.

Wade - Not sure if everyone here will agree with me but to me this programme is a load of rubbish. He just seems to make some river fish seem like jaws when in many cases this is really so far out there that there evidently isn't enough material to make a programme about it. Did you see the one about Wels catfish eating people. They kept showing this mocked up image of a catfish with half a human stuffed down its gob, saying 'this could be what it looked like'. A load of twaddle in my opinion.

Green - Whilst it is evident to everyone that he is a jumped up idiot who is rude to everyone he meets and disrespects local customs, the programme is watchable and indeed I find it entertaining. He catches some nice fish and goes to some amazing places. You just need to ignore Green himself.

Wade - Not sure if everyone here will agree with me but to me this programme is a load of rubbish. He just seems to make some river fish seem like jaws when in many cases this is really so far out there that there evidently isn't enough material to make a programme about it. Did you see the one about Wels catfish eating people. They kept showing this mocked up image of a catfish with half a human stuffed down its gob, saying 'this could be what it looked like'. A load of twaddle in my opinion.

It is called 'River Monsters' after all mate. I think the point is trying to dissprove the myth and show that at the end of the day they're just a fish, but at the same time illustrate how the myths and legends surrounding them have come about. Don't forget not everyone is an angler and most haven't got a clue about fish. So it is perfectly plausable to average joe public.

There is a degree of sensationalism to it but as George points out it is to dispel the myths, I think an earlier poster said it is sold to the states in the shorter version, so the recaps from previously and the enactments are part of its commercial appeal otherwise I doubt it would be in a primetime slot and a second series would not have been made.

I think the long version is far better and more interesting.

Although I have never met Jeremy Wade he comes across well and has the right sort of character for television, he demonstrates a strong commitment to catching his target fish and he appears to have humility and a good relationship with his guides using the native tongue when he can.

As for Robson Green and extreme fishing I give it a miss, too much squealing, mincing, “I am an actor†etc.

Back