• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Richard Isaacs spopper. Now sold

Alec Hague

Senior Member & Supporter
With Richards permission I list a spopper I bought from the batch he made early last year. I have not used it and see no prospect now that I will . I paid £31 delivered. If anyone would like it just shout with amn offer. Only got one.

To help Alec a little bit with some details, it’s built on the genuine mini spomb and is a total weight of 2oz. These are super lightweight little Spoppers that can still get a lot of bait down with the use of your normal barbel rods and minimal disturbance.
It was one of these

Take advantage if you want one because I won’t be making more for quite some time
IMG_4527.jpeg

Very useful piece of kit - takes up no room and casts like a bullet. I use a lot more than my larger spopper as that really needs a heavy rod to cast accurately, and I’m always trying to take less gear not more.

If they do, whats my cut? Ha! Only sorry my plans didn't materialise Richard so I failed to use.

It's the plunger being depressed which operates it, so must be at the bottom but anyway I am sure Richard will extol its action. But again, happy to refund.

They are an excellent invention created by the sadly recently passed Christophe Pelhate and David chambers.
2 amazing barbel anglers both unfortunately not with us anymore.

They are sinking spombs that are designed to replace the bait dropper. They cast like arrows, hit the water with minimal disruption and sink like bricks. Your bait is deposited on the bottom.

Back