• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Review time. Chair

RHYS I just bought one of these
Trakker rlx Nano Chair

Reference longer front legs on a chair. Has anyone tried matching up any of the adjustable legs from a match fishing platform? These are often 50 to 70 cm long and have a mud foot attached?

That looks alright
I’ve got one of these. It’s pretty light, wasn’t expensive and it’s not fallen apart in about 12-18 months of use. Of corse it’s a compromise though, with the rear “legs” being a fixed bar you need a level on the horizontal plane, so to speak, otherwise you can become a bit peg legged with 3 points of contact at times.
Obviously if your on a flat bank, which most of the H.Avon is the short back becomes less useful but I don’t find this a problem as it simply leaves me in a reclined position Lazyboy style.

In short, it’s alright. Its a it’s a damn site better than sitting on a bucket which is what I used to do because my old chair weighed about as much as John Candy.

Not exactly a glowing or through endorsement but it does do the job. Haha

These look ok too. I like the look of the extendable fixed bar on the back, but as it is designed primarily for extending over a bedchair I wonder if it would buckle when extended and used on a sloping bank. Be interested to know if anyone on here has one what they think.

These look ok too. I like the look of the extendable fixed bar on the back, but as it is designed primarily for extending over a bedchair I wonder if it would buckle when extended and used on a sloping bank. Be interested to know if anyone on here has one what they think.

Hundred quid! Think I'll give it a miss. At that price you'd hope they don't buckle.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for someone to make a PROPER river chair, i.e. front legs significantly longer for sloping banks. I did doctor one a few years back, still in the shed but fabric falling apart and I inherited a new one. Keep meaning to get round to making a bespoke new one.

I have the Korum lightweight chair, Rhys, and some time ago I lost one of the legs. Looking on Ebay I spotted replacement legs that have extra extending feet. They do the job, though I lost one recently so have to buy another pair. The legs make the chair by far the most versatile I've used, if not the most comfortable.

I bought one of these for this season, currently on offer, but from memory I picked mine up slightly cheaper elsewhere. I seem to be quite hard wearing on chairs. I went through a chub Rs plus super lite chair and a tracker levelite compact in less than two seasons (both fabric and bolt issues) and a NGT chair in the season before that. I must fidget more than the average angler... I only weigh 12 stone wet...

Nice to have four adjustable legs and an option to recline and relax. Not sure if the weight is listed on there, but it’s pretty light.

Last edited:
I bought one of these for this season, currently on offer, but from memory I picked mine up slightly cheaper elsewhere. I seem to be quite hard wearing on chairs. I went through a chub Rs plus super lite chair and a tracker levelite compact in less than two seasons (both fabric and bolt issues) and a NGT chair in the season before that. I must fidget more than the average angler... I only weigh 12 stone wet...

Nice to have four adjustable legs and an option to recline and relax. Not sure if the weight is listed on there, but it’s pretty light.

• PERFECT FOR THE RIVER ANGLER, OR STALKING MOVING SPECIMEN HUNTER. THIS HAS PROVEN TO BE ONE OF OUR BEST SELLING CHAIRS.
  • Based on feedback customers tell us they love the following features.
  • 1. Useful carrying strap (can be zipped in rear pocket)
  • 2. The extreme lightweight aluminium frame
  • 3. The recliner feature.
  • 4. The strong construction.
  • 5. The adjustable legs.
  • Size folded 67 X 51CM
  • BACKREST HEIGHT 57CM
  • WIDTH 51CM
  • NETT WEIGHT 4.4KG
Looks a good chair, but for an extra fiver, this one looks much more comfy. But, it comes in at a hefty 6.2 KG
Probably due to all the extra padding.

Last edited:
  • PERFECT FOR THE RIVER ANGLER, OR STALKING MOVING SPECIMEN HUNTER. THIS HAS PROVEN TO BE ONE OF OUR BEST SELLING CHAIRS.
  • Size folded 67 X 51CM
  • BACKREST HEIGHT 57CM
  • WIDTH 51CM
  • NETT WEIGHT 4.4KG
Looks a good chair, but for an extra fiver, this one looks much more comfy. But, it comes in at a hefty 6.2 KG

My Nano when it arrives Monday weighs 2.7kg. big smile !

Bought an NGT seat, stitching ripped around the seat where the frame attaches after about 3 uses. Needed repairing/restitching. Normally rate their stuff but not the chair unless you're 8 stone.

• Size folded 67 X 51CM
  • BACKREST HEIGHT 57CM
  • WIDTH 51CM
  • NETT WEIGHT 4.4KG

The legs look well skinny on that one though @Derek Funcks .

Bought an NGT seat, stitching ripped around the seat where the frame attaches after about 3 uses. Needed repairing/restitching. Normally rate their stuff but not the chair unless you're 8 stone.
I’ll watch out for that Mike cheers. I’m certainly not 8 stone but hopefully that won’t happen with mine.

This is what I need on my chair due to advancing age and associated degenerative joint disease.

Back