• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Record Barbel 20lb 2ozs Thames

Jeeez that’s some fish

That's a stunner

Awesome fish ....Bet the barbel anglers fishing the Thames are gonna be well chuffed with that pic on the front of the anglers mail
For sure Terry, And Between now and March any Hardcore Thames Big Barbel Hunter who puts the time in and I mean 1,2,3,Day and Nights knows it's just a matter of the next almighty heavy pull downstream from a very big fish ķnow there into something special. Let's wait and see.

Just read the write up and it was his 3rd Barbel from the stretch in 4 years! He writes that he hedges for both Carp and Barbel. Awesome looking fish. I think the better photo is with the article Stephen.

Think that’s about to change like when the big girl came out of the Ivel... it was like billy smarts circus down there

There's a considerable difference in the size of the Thames and the size of the Ivel though Terry! Especially when the whereabouts of this fishes capture is not public knowledge. Massive fish have come from the Thames before and though it sparks interest the river is just too big for any scenario like the Ivel to happen unless the exact location is made known.

I’m sure the location will become known.. obviously the Thames is a different entity to the I vel but once the location is out it will get very busy down there ...usually Thames anglers are very secretive and we have all heard whispers of bigger fish than this one from the Thames

When a big fish comes out of any river, and the stretch becomes known, it's always gets busier - usually temporarily, until the circus decides (after many blanks) that the stretch is too hard and instant gratification is unlikely. Then slowly they trundle away, never to return. It's been mentioned that the guy's had three from the stretch over four years. That factor, itself, is likely to deter fish chasers.

Back