• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Quivers with sleeves or any other options!?

Seems the perfect solution to house my 11 feet rods, which up to now had been in a separate quiver meaning I had to swap over all my bank sticks, brolly, landing net etc, was to get some aqua 12 feet sleeves and have them doctored to take 11 feet rods. Had a mate with some old spare sleeves, he gave me two for a Yorkshire man's best price, tenner paid to a local upholsterer and voila! Now I just have to swap rods over and I'm good!

Screenshot_20201022_065044_com.android.chrome.jpg
This could be of interest.great price fishdeal

been looking for 11ft sleeves and can`t find any, do they not make them?

Other than for convenience , I don't really see the point of quivers / holdalls that allow you to carry made up rods . Why not just get an ordinary rod holdall with a couple of tubes in and set your gear up when you arrive at the bankside ?They usually have facilities for storing brollies and bank sticks etc . With all the padding and covers in the world carrying set up rods does leave them and your reels exposed to trapping in car doors , getting clattered on fences , line snagged in zips , the list goes on ...

Mike the reason i take them made up is because its easier than setting up in the dark and my eyes are not what they used to be :D🤣

Back