• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Quick change hook rig - Korda Hook Klips

I think the issue I have with the rig ring is that the distance of the bait to the hook is quite tight. That’s fine if you like catching chub but I prefer a small gap so that a chub can pull the bait, feel it’s got a big lead connected and let it go.

All you rig luddards / naysayers! These clips are actually a great option for ALL types of specimen fishing including barbel rigs.

I've been using them this season for barbel specifically (as I like to change hooks / presentations quickly and easily) and they are IMO an 'upgrade' on my previous QC combi set up (dissed on here monumentally at the time lol!) that relies on a doubled up / looped braided section (several premade with hooks / different bait attachment options) that link to a Korum Specimen Quick Snap swivel and the main length of either fluro or mono hooklink. .

Now rather than pre-making multiple mini braided links with hooks attached (hair rigs / D Rigs / Slip D Rigs etc) the same can be achieved with just the hook itself which immediately means a saving in braided material and opens up a whole host of swop and change combinations (on the proviso that like me you are happy to pre-tie multiple rigs)

TBF I generally use a pre-made D Rig Kicker and a bait screw (with boilies / large pellets for example) as this is the quickest and covers the clip connection to the hook as required; however I do have hooks with premade braided hairs as well as supple / stiff mono hairs - these use a small section of silicone to cover the hook section but can also include a longer straight section (eg noodle rig) so the options are endless.

Problem now is I've replaced my mini looped braid rig board with a rig bin - this has pre-made lengths of fluro / mono / fluro braid combi / coated braid / coated braid stripped all attached to a Kwik Clip . . . .keeps me sane!

I've been using these types of clips this season on Ronnie rigs. Fantastic results and great hook holds using standard bottom baits.
I've been using bait screws, as someone else mentioned - it's so much simpler in the dark!

Back