• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Question for the braid users out there

Out of interest Paul do you use the original power pro or the newer super 8 slick?
I use the original. I bought some super 8 slick but never tried it. Unfortunately my barbel fishing days are over now, so unlikely to find out, at least on rivers.

I have had a few carp sessions ( more social than serious) and still use my pins (braid allowed on a club water where I am guested) but bought some coffee-grinder-baitrunners and loaded with mono, but not sure whether it's the reels or the mono I feel uncomfortable most with :D

I have used braid as mainline for 30 years, have had no issues with it that I wouldn't have had with mono. I started with fireline but many years ago changed to power pro, original and now super slick. Regarding knot strength have had no issues using a grinner, I use super slick timber brown 20lb and play my fish hard so there is less chance of them going into snags, it's all a matter of confidence in your tackle.

Back