• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Prince Albert

John Young

Right or Wrong?

Just waited 3 years to get into Prince Albert and now I have the invite I dont think I will bother.

I guess its lack of time. Plus there are loads of local clubs with good fish.

Anyone else joining this year ?

John

For a terrible moment I thought this thread was going to reveal how frustrated barbel anglers unable to get to the river, have turned to extreme body art to relieve their boredom. What a relief.

Hi Joe

many thanks for your PM have we met?

Redesmere?? In my Carping Days,

Still thinking about joining ;)

Hi Joe

many thanks for your PM have we met?

Redesmere?? In my Carping Days,

Still thinking about joining ;)

I'm not sure, I never really bothered with Redesmere, I couldn't be doing with all the time bandits and swim-hoggers that the place seemed to attract...stunning piece of water though and I would have loved to have caught the male Common in its prime.

Same rules for Prince Albert & Fight Club Cliff, you do not talk about them.

From the Ribble down to the Wye and most of the decent(barbel)rivers in between plus specimen carp,tench and bream in the still waters,great value fishing,well worth the wait,enjoy.

Typical large club, they have so much water they can't be bothered to bailiff it all. It's poached on the less known areas sadly. Not as bad as BAA though. If only clubs would listen to complaints rather than ignore.

Take BAA for instance, I emailed them proposing that they either give a free membership to someone local to there waters, or even reduced membership. It fell on deaf ears from John Williams.

Has anyone else seen the decline in there local clubs? Has poaching hit such a high that nobody wants to risk being assaulted? ?

I really don't know how you assume that. Perhaps because the old membership cards said to the effect that you have the right to check everyone on BAA waters card or day tickets.
Sadly they now issue a fold over self sealing card which doesn't say anything like that.
However if im on the club waters I will check everybody I come across.

With the amount of waters paas has got it is impossible to bailiff all of them all the time, the waters I fish are always bailiffed. Excellent society in my view;) and well worth the wait.

Back