• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Power Pro Braid/ 2 Rods/ Worried????

Hi John,
Hope you are well.
I'd seek out a decent flourocarbon mainline, plenty out there.

IMHO, I can't see the advantage of braid when barbel fishing. Invariably, most rivers in this country aren't that wide therefore the sensitivity element isn't relevant. I find it too harsh on the blank also at close quarters. Each to his own...

If you want a sinking braid, look at Nash Bullet, that does sink like a stone.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I hope that all is well with you? i like the old power pro i have been using it a long time now, yes fluoro mainline would seem like the perfect option but i must admit i have never had a close look at them, dont know if they are supple or wiry and i know the abrasion resistance isnt brillian with braid is it much better with fluoro?

I like the fine diameter of fluoro **** seems to flick from the braid much easier and it doesnt seem to get dragged out of position in a good flow ( thats if we ever see a good flow):(

Back