• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pike

Steve your 32 is an absolute beast; she’s got a head like a wolf!
I managed this 22lb Thames fish last Christmas eve but I have struggled to match it since.
I will be out next week to see if they have turned up to spawn yet, I do hope so! :D

22lb.jpg

Bloody hell last decent pike i had was way way back from church pool Patshull . Only just started fishing for them again this season.

Some crackers there. I've been struggling this year, i've had 10 singles since my last double i think and a few blanks - back out tomorrow full of hope but aware it's going to be another grueller ;)

Thanks for the inspiration gents.

Lovely fishes chaps :)
Those 30's are corkers...

A couple of the bigger ones from the middle Thames in 2010;

IMG_24821-1.jpg

PlainBackground2.jpg

ImportedPhotos00013.jpg

Apologies for background deletion...

Both on popped up herring.

Ian

Steve your 32 is an absolute beast; she’s got a head like a wolf!
I managed this 22lb Thames fish last Christmas eve but I have struggled to match it since.

Thanks Tom - thats a chunky fish you've got there too.

Truth is I'm lucky to have any photo's at all . Fortunately there was another angler on the pit that day, although he hadn't got to grips with his xmas present :(:D

This is the only other shot worth posting -of the same 32lb'er

Yep - it really was a long time ago :D:D:D

StevePike4.jpg
[/IMG]

Just uploaded a clip of me diving with a pike in Stoney Cove, thought you might like to see it....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Iug0eZX0_U&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Iug0eZX0_U&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm the big yellow and black thing that comes in from the left....

Steve

Last edited:
Told you that you dont need all this real tree and camo gear to get close to the fish . Pink and now yellow for me . Steve you would have loved the Maldives mate

Nice Angling Graham, may have a dabble for the pike tomorrow if the Barbel are not playing ball. Managed a 19lber of the Tidal last week in perfect condition.

Had one of those classic pike moments today, I,d just recast a herring to a new spot, when a decent looking fish surfaced right where the bait had been for 2hours, unmolested. A quick wind in and recast back to the spot, got the bobbin set and it was away. The result, a new PB 25lb 12oz fish, totally empty, no sign of spawn, but huge. A good feed and a bit of seasonal filling out and she would easy be a 30lb + fish.
Well chuffed!
Peter

Back