• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pike

Lovely fish there guys:D

Steve, I`m gonna have to twist your arm and try and blag a day on the boat with you! Love to pike (and zander) fish the river from a boat.;)

No arm twisting needed Mart.

I've got a couple of other mates who want a trip out, but all I'm waiting for are some half decent conditions and a Landrover Discovery that actually works, to tow the boat..........

As soon as I'm back up and running I'll give you a bell mate.

Steve

What a star:D:D:D:D Thanks!

I look forward to it mate:D

Some cracking fish there Steve !:D
The length of that fly caught fish is very impressive, imagine that one with a full belly:eek:

The pic below came from the same venue. They're all like that, they're more like eels than pike! We don't get to fish there very often, but I have no doubt there are twenties in there - I'd expect a 20 to be at least 5 foot long :D I'd have probably caught one by now but I usually get side-tracked fishing for the big roach that are also in there.;)

IMG_4269.jpg

Some cracking pike there chaps.

Here's my only two 20's to date, both caught a couple of years ago.

picture.php
[/IMG]
20lb 8oz from Tong Mere(its a picture of a picture, hence the crease marks!)

picture.php

21lb exactly from lower Severn

Once again complete with me pulling stupid faces!

Rhys, you still fish Norton?

I`ve had a few goes for the pike down there but to be honest, the chance of a 20 seems very remote these days. My mate did the entire winter down there for 89 fish with the best going `only` 17. He liked to fish the same area as in your piccy;)

Had to go a long way down Photobucket to find this one.

My last half decent pike, winter 2007:eek:

18.06 off the Middle

18.jpg

Wow the thread is now really motoring! great shots steve! Lewis how big is that girl from Holland? Superb action shots too!

Worm theif, at 1st I thought I hooked the mother of all perch
IMG_0159.jpg

Caught a few season ago, think it was just under 15lb.

Steve.

This one may just have the rest for breakfast !!! :D:D:D

That's me, age 20 - Dec 1982. She went 32lb :)

32lbHeadDec82.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. That fish was probably as big as I was in 1982!

Rhys, you still fish Norton?

I`ve had a few goes for the pike down there but to be honest, the chance of a 20 seems very remote these days. My mate did the entire winter down there for 89 fish with the best going `only` 17. He liked to fish the same area as in your piccy;)

Not any more mate, got sick of the idiots who run the club, especially after my mate's dogs where falsely accused of attacking somebody!
That pike was the only double I had out of there! One of those red letter days, had 3 jacks and missed about 4 runs as well.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and thought i'd add a couple - can't catch barbel to save my life though !!!

31lb 8oz (Stillwater)
IMG_0005.jpg

32lb 4oz (River)
IMG_0001.jpg

Sorry Steve mate - it wasn't a river capture :(

This is a CWP fish.

Wish the pics I have were of the quality of the others being shown. Lovely pics & fish everyone.

I hope to post the others soon but they are still being scanned apparently :mad:

PM for you Steve

Last edited:
IMG_0001.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lends credence to the myth that pike and foggy conditions go hand in hand:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Steve, that shot of the head of the 32 really puts things into perspective. What a monster:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Rhys, I remember the `dog day` mate.

Its quite incredible how many folks have dropped out of the club because of the committee:confused:

PHP:
Lends credence to the myth that pike and foggy conditions go hand in hand:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Steve, that shot of the head of the 32 really puts things into perspective. What a monster:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Rhys, I remember the `dog day` mate.

Its quite incredible how many folks have dropped out of the club because of the committee:confused:[/QUOTE]

The fog was very patchy that day !!!!!!:D:D:D

Back