• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pike

Be aware that bait is often checked before you start so naughty roach may get you an early drive home.:)

Talk to the guys in the tackle shop before you go out, they will help you as much as they can.

By now the pike will have seen it all so try something a little bit different.

Also, keep a close eye on your float, the fish are wary and may give you just the smallest indications rather than sail away runs.

and enjoy the atmosphere, Chew is an awesome place.

Out tomorrow morning on the Bristol Avon - going prepared with Chub, Pike and a cheeky Barbel rod ready, but probably going to concentrate on the Pike.

River will be coloured so will be concentrating on deads - should I totally rule out lures? Not got any maggots to catch lives...

Yes they are a bit fussy about the odd Roach at Grafham too!!

I have heard they can work very well for the Zander, if fished on a Fireball Rig!

Beats using Sea baits into a cocked hat.................................allegedly!!!

I of course could not possibly comment!!:):):):):)

Back