• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

Had the pleasure of fishing the HAvon with this bfw stalwart a couple of weeks ago.
Couldn’t help noticing what a cool dude he looked whilst modelling the latest ‘off-the,-shoulder’ one piece!😁
F314C3B6-EE24-472D-BA81-2883C3F1D678.jpeg

I have just joined this forum. Moved to France two years ago and caught my first barbel in over 50 years from the river Lot. My previous, and only, barbel was caught when I was 17 fishing at Topcliffe millpool on the river Swale.

IMG_20190917_192756666.jpg

My fishing buddy and I had about 15 barbel to 5.5lbs in a short session last month.

The scenery along this river is superb....

IMG_20190523_162615798_HDR_2.jpg

46330 Saint-Martin-Labouval.jpg

Starting at Cahors and following the river east gives some lovely fishing spots within a half hour drive. Just takes some time to find the gaps in the trees!

Probably a familiar spot to those who know or visit Throop Fishery on the Dorset Stour. But this image is a little different.

It's Glen's Weir, above School Bridge, at sunrise on June 16th.

R&DAA members are occasionally and exceptionally permitted to fish from midnight on the opening day of the season. Ordinarily there is no night fishing at all on Beat 2 so please don't try it! :)

A couple of hours before I took the image this beauty got my season off to a very special start :)

Back