• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

Steve Arnold

No doubt I have mentioned how many of my favourite river Lot swims were affected by last winters floods. Here is some video I found which demonstrates the power of this river, at this time of year these river cruisers would have been berthed in a very secure part of the river.....

Hope video OK on this thread.

Clive Kenyon

No doubt I have mentioned how many of my favourite river Lot swims were affected by last winters floods. Here is some video I found which demonstrates the power of this river, at this time of year these river cruisers would have been berthed in a very secure part of the river.....

Hope video OK on this thread.
They've taken the pontoon they were moored to with them! Good job you weren't doing a bit of floodwater fishing that day Steve.

Steve Arnold

On my way back from an outpatients appointment in Cahors hospital this morning. Passing Arcambal i needed my daily fix of the river - despite the hissing rain.

Not fished here yet, still on my "to do" list. The river narrows here and it looks promising....

Arcambal swim.jpg

Arcambal pontoon.jpg

A nice easy access part of the river, several swims, a boat pontoon and a slipway.

Can you spot which fish is missing from this info board?

Arcambal info.jpg

All the Lot info boards are the same. Makes me happy that my favourite fish is barely recognised by the locals!