• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

There’s some amazing pictures here, truly beautiful stuff.

Happy to add a couple of my own from my local river Dearne.
EA898981-DCFC-4C21-91A4-B5BFA1A6A459.jpeg
6EEC9D8C-63E4-49B1-91C1-8B952EAF48F5.jpeg
C713635B-0771-4CC1-BFA2-506922FCA4D7.jpeg

Looks nice mate,how did you get on,know its tough on there
One bite in 6 hours Mark and it was 13lb 9oz Common (picture on Medway thread). It fought like a demon really testing my Seeker so wasn’t disappointed. Don’t be fooled by this picture this area is the widest section of the upper river, most stretches you can poke the opposite bank foliage with the rod tip.

One bite in 6 hours Mark and it was 13lb 9oz Common (picture on Medway thread). It fought like a demon really testing my Seeker so wasn’t disappointed. Don’t be fooled by this picture this area is the widest section of the upper river, most stretches you can poke the opposite bank foliage with the rod tip.
I had my first river carp also on opening day,a common as well 14lb 12oz on the severn at bridgnorth, amazing fight,was absolutely exhausted after in the unrelenting sun lol

I had my first river carp also on opening day,a common as well 14lb 12oz on the severn at bridgnorth, amazing fight,was absolutely exhausted after in the unrelenting sun lol
River Carp are a lot “fitter” than their pond pig cousins if my one experience is anything to go bye Mark. In my heydays of Carp fishing (1970’s to mid 80’s) I was fortunate to catch fish much larger than my Medway beauty but I can’t remember the tackle being tested so vigorously and it wasn’t a lot different in those days. My carp rods were 11ft Conoflex 2lb TC so lighter than some of today’s Barbel tackle. My FS Barbel Seekers are 12ft 1.75lb TC.

River Carp are a lot “fitter” than their pond pig cousins if my one experience is anything to go bye Mark. In my heydays of Carp fishing (1970’s to mid 80’s) I was fortunate to catch fish much larger than my Medway beauty but I can’t remember the tackle being tested so vigorously and it wasn’t a lot different in those days. My carp rods were 11ft Conoflex 2lb TC so lighter than some of today’s Barbel tackle. My FS Barbel Seekers are 12ft 1.75lb TC.
I was using my i power with the 1.75 top,gave it a good work out lol

Cruel man ;) You know I'm stuck at home in my bubble and unable to do such things at the moment. But I will complete my surgery in two days time. All being well I'll be back on and in the river in a matter of days. Can I book that swim and can you keep the pre-baiting going? :D
Hope all goes well Neil,.. as much as I look forward to seeing you back out on the banks you couldn’t afford the extortionate fee I would charge for a ‘booking’ !😉😂

Just back from a camping trip further up the Lot and then the river Truyer, the confluence is at Entraygues-sur-Truyère where we were based.

Perhaps some of my photos are not strictly river scenes, but from the heights of around 750 metres above sea level we made it to the clouds, hanging rain and streams forming waterfalls down the steep valley sides. This is the weather and landscape that forms these wonderful rivers and fills the many barrages.

in the clouds 3.jpg

in the clouds (2).jpg

Truyer Lot confluence.jpg

Difficult to convey the sense of vastness within a picture frame.......but I had to try!

Just back from a camping trip further up the Lot and then the river Truyer, the confluence is at Entraygues-sur-Truyère where we were based.

Perhaps some of my photos are not strictly river scenes, but from the heights of around 750 metres above sea level we made it to the clouds, hanging rain and streams forming waterfalls down the steep valley sides. This is the weather and landscape that forms these wonderful rivers and fills the many barrages.

View attachment 15623

View attachment 15624

View attachment 15625

Difficult to convey the sense of vastness within a picture frame.......but I had to try!
Don’t worry if the “are not strictly river scenes” Steve, they are a real treat to view, keep ‘em coming….please👍

Back