• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Perhaps now is a good time to ask....

Bought the drennan 3 peice super strong commercial take apart a couple of years ago...it dont get stuck and is just practical to use if your carrying a sling..any length when you want it

If only life was so simple....

I use a telescopic Carp Match Landing Net Pole - does not have the twist lock but does have (customised) Black Gaffer tape at 1 foot intervals and guess what? It does extend a bit beyond the given set length with a fish, but collapses down to 6' (max length is 11.5') even when the net has been frozen to the ground. Cost half the price of a Drennan Twist Lock, and every one of those I have tried failed a simple shop test.
Recommended to me by an oldish guy who runs a family tackle shop in Hull. Sorted. simples!

Oh...and Halfords Car Window De-Icer may solve your twist-lock problems!

The only way I've found to un-freeze an extending landing net pole is to:

(1) Grit teeth.

(2) Dip the frozen joint in the river for four or five seconds.

(3) Quickly remove from the water and twist sharply.

(4) Utter profanity.

(5) Put frozen fingers back in pockets to avoid frostbite.

Repeat as many times as necessary..........

One must be stoical in the face of adversity.

Steve

Steve mind if I try Darryls suggestion first?

I do like the Drennan specimen landing net handle. It's only when feezing that I have any trouble with it. Apart from that it has been very good for nearly 2 seasons now, and I do go fishing lots - normally.

Conrad

Back