• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Penn Slammer Live Liner 460

i have no idea when i'm likely to be up again Neil, still laid up with my back and been to physio again today.. GP gave me a note for another month this morning so can't see it being this year... now if there was a stairlift in peg one?.... be there tomorrow...lol...

Blimey Phil, so these reels have the issues mentioned, AND they are so heavy they put your back out....not good chap :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Is it not possible to get a washer of the same dimensions, but a different material to do the same job:confused: Just a suggestion :)

Stephen

P.S. I am no engineer

Yep I will have to have a look as any alternative, the washer is just a stop that the spool sits on, the reel itself seems well, or over engineered, but the Chinese do seem to source cheap peripherals that let down reliability. The spool mechanics are robust, and are designed to fish for Tarpon and the like.

i have no idea when i'm likely to be up again Neil, still laid up with my back and been to physio again today.. GP gave me a note for another month this morning so can't see it being this year... now if there was a stairlift in peg one?.... be there tomorrow...lol...
If I can help, let me know, Tewkesbury , Lower Lode might be doable. All level ground, fish on a lawn, Carp and the chance of a big Barbel.

Yep I will have to have a look as any alternative, the washer is just a stop that the spool sits on, the reel itself seems well, or over engineered, but the Chinese do seem to source cheap peripherals that let down reliability. The spool mechanics are robust, and are designed to fish for Tarpon and the like.

Neil when you say washer , Do you mean a sleeve ? I have had a look at my reels and cant see no washer . All there is a nylon sleeve with a slot that fits on the spindle and the slot fits in a pin that is on the spindle . Assuming your reel are the same as mine and you are no longer going to use it ? Would you be interested in selling the spool ? I would be happy to give you a fair price for it .

Neil when you say washer , Do you mean a sleeve ? I have had a look at my reels and cant see no washer . All there is a nylon sleeve with a slot that fits on the spindle and the slot fits in a pin that is on the spindle . Assuming your reel are the same as mine and you are no longer going to use it ? Would you be interested in selling the spool ? I would be happy to give you a fair price for it .

It is a sleeve Joe, and that for whatever reason gave up, and jammed the spool. The replacement I may have fitted incorrectly, so I will have it checked out by Penn. As far as .I remember a replacement spool is c.£18 from Penn, which is cheaper than the listed price, I will ask when I ring him and get back to you.
I would sell the reel perhaps, once I get it fixed.

Back