• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

PB Zed

Cheers Alan.

Are you fishing a stillwater of river?

Most of my Zed fishing is done on the Severn or Wavon, and I normally opt for a fresh Roach/Skimmer/Dace/Bleak deadbait.
I like to floatfish, so I set up a free running float ledger rig with trebles.

Personally I've never found Zander that rig shy and most take the baits with confidence.
I find that most dropped runs are from small 'Micro' Zander.

Steve

Afternoon all.

Would anyone mind giving me a few points about likely Zander stretches on the W.Avon?

Have never actually targeted them before and am hoping to have a go. Not looking for any monsters or anything, just a pointer in the direction of a stretch that would be a good starting point. I live just outside Stratford, so the further up the river the better I guess.

Cheers,

Stu

Oh, great news!!! Always nice when you don't need to travel too far.

In that case, my Zander fishing will start asap!

Thanks Steve for your reply. We didnt manage to go today so thursday is the day for the zeds. We will be fishing the river Trent at a stretch where we hear there are quite a few zeds about. My lad said thanks for the tip on rigs he will have ago if not he will try ledgering for them. He has got a few dead roach in the freezer with some lampreys hopefully they will winkle one or two out for him. Again thanks for the help steve its nice just for a clarification! If we catch ill post the pics!

Alan

We went on wednesday we didnt manage to land a zander but we had a good day for barbel on the trent. i had 5 barbel and my lad had a 4lb chub on the lamprey rig and 6 barbs. We will be back!

Alan

Back