• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

One for the bite alarm using heretics

I just hope there are a few oldens like me out there, growing new bankside willow trees from forgotten stick rod rests :D:cool:

Then again, always wondered where those new pylons came from.

I guessed you would bring 'tarty' shame to the thread Mr Bax. Be off now to your carpy bivvy tramps over on Cemex :p :D

Ian

I just hope there are a few oldens like me out there, growing new bankside willow trees from forgotten stick rod rests :D:cool:

There are still a few about on a couple of the stretches I fish. I watched one of them lose a rod last summer.;):D His potential new tree floated away too. I'm not quite sure which he was most upset about.:confused:;):D

They are pure filth, that Baxy boy and Lawgirl.
They were once "proper anglers" but they mingled with the dark side, went pond pigging they did, now they are corrupted, ruined forever!

So sad for those that once showed such promise!

The chod is wafting slightly above the weed, I'm fishing locked up, snag bars on, Delks twitching in anticipation. But there's no nibbles yet Mr Zanderman....:eek: :D

Ian

And being a typical Pond pigger you are asleep in the bivvie, dead to the world!

Come away from the Darks side, a better life becons you will never be happy until you re-enter the light:):):):)

Silly old lightsiders - Always underestimating the dark side of the force :D

Seriously though the snag ears (although rather shiny and sexy :p) do serve a purpose in stopping your rods going for a swim. Particularly important if youre afloat:

CropofIMG_1177.jpg

Custom extra long MPS Defiant on the left and MCF on the right:
megacropIMG_1177.jpg

Last edited:
Hey JW,
If you'd seen the mirror he bagged in October you would understand why. Don't think I'll ever see a bigger Thames carp in the sling....;)

Ian

PS That's my Captain Benjamin L Willard, in the jungle impression :D

Typical darksiders!!

Where are you fishing O lawless one, looks distinctly like the Bray Ganja Forest to me!!

AND Guesting again!! Baxy Boy noticeable by his absence too, off ironing I expect!!

I blame the parents!!!:eek::eek:

Paul
Check out the picture fella, they are MPS's ;)

Ian

PS - Mr Zander....way way downstream....:p and Baxy was in the dinghy baiting up, with the camera :D

Last edited:
The Chairman on Saturday

Here in the Hamsters we use the new hi-tech version of the old clothes-peg and bell. Available on Ebay, 99p for 5. Bargain.

As ever,

B.B.

FI001_g.jpg

Well, I ended up with the Thinking Anglers single bars which I promptly covered in shrink wrap as a bit of added rod protection. However, I finally sussed exactly why I was having issues anyway so the snag bars may not be needed much in the future. It's that damned Korum river tripod, the extendible arm is just a bit too flexible. It acts like a springboard after a violent hit and catapults the rod out of the rests.:(

Luggage bungee chords hooked around the reel stem with the other end to a bankstick. This should stop the rod disappearing into the river and still allows you to strike in any direction. These can be released afterwards. Rather low-tech but it works.

Last edited:
Back